Sunday, September 16, 2007

16 Sept 2007.

Hey, I haven't been updating for a while, so I guess I'll do a quick one just to keep this place fresh.

Went to Pulau Redang, Malaysia, for a "Leaders of Tomorrow" Camp (LTC for short). Did the usual stuff: build rafts, use straws to protect eggs, treasure hunt, etc. You know, the usual stuff they have when the term "leadership" comes up in the name of a camp. It was quite fun though. Made a few friends.

I didn't make it to Kuala Lumpur with the guys. Which really sucks, because I was looking forward to it ever since the day Wei Wen came up to me and went "Eh, you free or not?"

Training camp wasn't too bad. Isn't. I still have to go back after service for another training session (on Sunday. Can you believe that?). I gained some stuff during the camp (the duration of which I spent semi-concious): I re-sprained my right wrist, sprained my right ankle, strained my back (probably added to from the residue from Redang), and now my left knee (you know, the one with the ligaments torn) hurts again. On the brighter side, I finished my routine and managed to inject some life into it (my friend says that the strength is there, but my movements still look a tad cramped). I also got to know my juniors a little better (the consequence of which being getting touched and pinched and smacked 24/7 and getting both my eyebrows licked). I'd say that overall, the camp is a success (even though I may sometimes feel otherwise).

And yes, I did get licked. It was part of a forfeit for losing a game, and the worst thing is that I'm not the one who lost. I just happen to be the biggest target (as well as the least likely to go around throwing them through windows and out of doors).

Side note: I got my Ken's ass kicked by a Gouki player at Cineleisure today. I almost beat him though. I will next time. Mwahaha.

I realised (from watching myself do video announcements) that I tend to purse my lips when I'm nervous or when I'm thinking.

That's all I can think of to say right now... I'll update again soon, promise.

Random Quote: "Silly rabbit. Tricks are for kids."

No comments: