Friday, September 21, 2007

21 Sept 2007.

Well, I spent the past few hours looking through some of the one-hit wonders I've heard when I was little. It actually started with "Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco, after which I just kept on looking for more and more.

Haha. And I told Sally I was gonna go sleep like 3 hours ago. Internet has officially ruined my body clock.

Some of the songs I've found (and taken a minute or two to listen to) tonight:

"Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco
"Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman (which actually isn't a one-hit wonder at all, but whatever)
"Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies
"Spirit in the Sky" by Doctor and the Medics
"The Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats
"Come On Eileen" by Dexys Midnight Runners
"I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred
"Take On Me" by a-ha
"99 Luftballons" by Nena
"Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-Lite (the intro of which still plays subliminally in almost every Channel 5 TV short)
"Trouble" by Shampoo
"Bitch" by Meredith Brooks
"I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts

And, surprisingly, "Canon in D" by Johann Pachelbel.

Hopefully some of the songs from this short list brings back memories of days when you were still in diapers drinking powdered milk from a plastic bottle (for people my age) or running around in shorts playing soccer in the school fields in Kindergarten (for some older readers *coughMelvincoughCartercough*)

There're lots of others that I'm not gonna listen to or list down now, because I'm (finally) going to sleep. So good night.

No comments: